Week 8 on the SCD

Another wonderful week on the SCD! Finally had a chance to use a hand-held body fat measurement device this past week - not sure the accuracy of it, but my reading was 12.2% body fat!! If that is accurate I'm pretty excited, since my goal was 12% or less. Still need to make an appt for the bodpod or Dexa to get a more accurate measurement though :)

So I read Tim's chapter in the 4HB about Sleep and about the different systems he describes for surviving on less sleep - I'm going to try to make an attempt at the Siesta style he mentions and see how that goes - not sure I'm ready for the Everyman yet ;)

My running has definitely improved after putting into practice the pose method - I'm finally able to keep up with and pass up individuals who were much faster than I, including Joe (my husband :) - my ultimate goal a less than 20 min 3 mile run...hopefully I'll be there soon!

So here's a review of our past cheat day- numero ocho!! We enjoyed some delicious stuff from all around Austin - was really an awesome day, plus the weather was absolutely gorgeous! (This was all of course accompanied by air squats, lots of walking, and wall presses :)

AM:
  • French Green Lentils
  • AGG
  • Ganoderma Coffee with Soy Creamer & Cinnamon
  • Grapefruit Juice
  • 2 Tacos from Torchy's Tacos: 1 Ahi Tuna on Corn Tortilla & 1 Migas on Corn Tortilla
  • Ganoderma Coffee w/out Soy
Noon: (we went Argentinian for lunch :)
  • Empanadas from Buenos Aires Cafe - one chicken and one spicy beef w/chimichurri
  • 1/2 of each type of Alfajore: chocolate and coconut/corn (see pic below)
PM:
  • Canteloupe & Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet Gelato from Whole Foods (see pic)
  • Soy Hot Chocolate
  • Pasta w/ Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic and Goat Cheese (see pic)
  • Tropical Maté
  • 1/2 Orange Dark Chocolate Bar
  • Mojito (w/out rum) - this is really easy to make on a regular SCD day - just use stevia instead of sugar :)
  • PAG

That's all for now, till next time!


Comments

Popular Posts