So this week I'll give you the lowdown on our latest cheat day (#11) and a recipe for a delicious Indian curry that is quick and easy to make for all those that are always on the go like myself! And on the suggestion of fellow slow-carbers, I am going to attempt to blog a daily food diary - nothing too fancy or lengthy - just ideas and simple recipes to offer some inspiration to others on the SCD - I can't promise I'll do it every day, but will do my best ;)
Madras Indian Curry makes 4-5 servings - Organic Produce and Meat is Recommended
- 1 Jar Madras Simmer Sauce - (can be found at Whole Foods -see photo to right)
- 1 Jarful of Water
- 2 Cooked Milanesa Steaks thinly sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 lb Chopped Asparagus
- 1/2 lb. Broccolini (Cut in halves)
- 1 Whole Sweet Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 2 tbsp. Crushed Red Peppers**
- 2 Serrano Peppers Chopped**
|Madras Indian Curry|
**Optional: For all the Spice lovers out there, adding these ingredients will make this curry Desi-Hot
- Add Macadamia Nut Oil to wok, add all vegetables and Serrano peppers if desired.
- Saute veggies until al dente
- Add beef
- Add Sauce, Water, Paprika, and Crushed red peppers if desired.
- Let simmer for 15-20min.
- Serve by itself or pour over lentils.
Cheat Day #11 - once again we shared most of this stuff and paired it with loads of air squats and wall presses ;)
|Breakfast at Blue Star Cafeteria|
- Grapefruit Juice
- Black Ganoderma Coffee with Organic, Non-GMO Soy Creamer + Cinnamon
- Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese & Spinach on Rye Bread (mine - didn't eat the rye though)
- French Toast (Joe)
- Cinnamon Roll (Upper Crust Bakery)
- Schnecken (Upper Crust Bakery)
- Carne Asada & Veggie Tacos from Dos Batos (1 each)
- Salmon Tacos with goat cheese, guacamole on corn tortillas
- Ganoderma Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
- S'mores (2 each)
|Salmon Tacos - grilled these on our brand-new bbq!!|
That's all... Share your cheat day meals with us!!