1) Drink More Water - when looking at our daily intakes we noticed that our water intake is certainly not where it needs to be, which may have a huge affect on weight loss - this week our goal is to double our water intake
2) Eat More Greens than Beans - so I'm not going to lie, we've definitely fallen in love with our beans, so much so that we might just be over-doing it in comparison to our vegetable intake. This week our goal is to eat twice as many greens as beans.
3) Over-exercising - so Joe and I are pretty much exercise fanatics - we exercise nearly everyday of the week, doing intense cardio, body-weight, and weight-lifting exercises - this looks like an area that we may also need to adjust - according to Tim in the 4HB over-exercising can stall weight loss by causing muscle-loss rather than gain and decreasing our basal metabolic rate, which may cause stalled fat loss...our goal: limiting exercise to only several times per week.
Let's hope some of these things help kickstart our weight loss again :) Another thing I am wondering about is soy creamer and if it negatively affects weight loss - I know Tim says a lil creamer in your coffee is okay, I can't do dairy so I use a hint of soy creamer in my coffee and balance it out with lots of cinnamon too - wonder if this could also be an issue? Any thoughts?
Joe and I also gave the "pose" style running techniques a try this weekend - I have to say it seemed much more difficult than my typical running style, it involves much more concentrated effort and I tired much faster - not sure if I was doing it incorrectly though, next time we plan to videotape each other so we can critique ourselves and see what we need to work on.
So on to the good stuff....a recap of our 5th binge day :) So this Sunday I made it a huge point to do the air squats before and after each meal plus did a 20 min moderate workout and a quick jog. I believe I did over 400 air squats!! I also decided to take my PAGG stack this binge day as well. Anyways, here's what we ate:
- Egg White Scramble with Veggies & Black Beans
- Fresh-squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon (see photo)
- Cinnamon Roll (see photo)
- Home-made Chebe Pizza with Goat Cheese and Vegetables (see photo)
- Guava Kombucha (see photo)
- One Strawberry & One Pistachio Macaroons & One Lemon Madaleine Cookie from La Patisserie (see photo)
- Orange Dark Chocolate
- Chai Tea with Honey
- Chips & Salsa
- More Pizza
- Ice Cream (mine was the chocolate soy peanut butter one - I only managed a bowl of it this time)
- Apple w/Goat Cheese
- Glass of Red Wine
And that concludes this past binge day! Till next time....